What You Need for GIS Day
Host an Event Using the New Resources at GISDay.com
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Children learn how GIS is used in agriculture during a GIS Day program in Belize.
Thousands of GIS software users in more than 60 countries are expected to participate in about 600 events on GIS Day, an annual salute to geospatial technology and its power to transform and improve people's lives.
This international celebration, which will be held on November 14, 2012, will give hosts, attendees, supporters, and volunteers the chance to demonstrate real-world GIS applications that are making a difference around the globe.
The new and improved GIS Day website, gisday.com, is packed with new features that will inspire you to get involved. The site also makes finding, developing, and hosting events easier and more fun than ever. You will find the following resources:
- An interactive map shows GIS Day events around the world. Register your event to promote it on the map. If you are interested in attending or volunteering, you can easily find a GIS Day event near you.
- An updated resources page provides hosts with the items they need to promote events. These include the GIS Day logo, customizable marketing files, and a PowerPoint template, as well as interactive map games, videos, and e-books.
- A new, streamlined registration form offers event hosts a quick and simple registration experience. All registered event hosts will receive complimentary GIS Day giveaways and resources support, and their events will be listed on the Events map.
- A downloadable promotional video can be used to demonstrate the many uses of GIS to a non-GIS audience.
- A Flickr photostream shows successful past events submitted by hosts around the world.
As mentioned above, hosts for every GIS Day event registered on gisday.com are eligible to receive packages of promotional items to give to attendees. These include water bottles, notepads, bracelets, temporary tattoos, magnets, and flash drives as well as a variety of downloadable marketing materials that can be customized and printed by users to promote their GIS Day event.