Esri Electric and Gas GIS Conference Will Focus on Changing the Discussion
Sessions and Workshops Designed to Help Utilities Use Technology to Solve Problems
September 4, 2012
Redlands, CaliforniaThe touchstone for this year's Esri Electric and Gas GIS Conference is Changing the Discussion. The event, scheduled for October 7–10 in Salt Lake City, Utah, caters to utility professionals who want to take advantage of technological advances such as lidar, spatial analytics, big data management, and ArcGIS Online.
"Utility professionals talk all the time about issues such as aging infrastructure, regulatory compliance, and budget cuts," said Bill Meehan, Esri's director of utility solutions. "This conference is our chance to discuss how GIS technology can help solve these problems."
Highlights of the 2012 Esri Electric and Gas GIS Conference will include the following:
- Technical workshops on lidar and ArcGIS Online and an Ask the Experts panel
- Free Data Health Checks to assess the accuracy and quality of a specific dataset
- A Hands-on Learning Lab offering a variety of free training courses
- Birds of a Feather meetings for electric transmission, gas utilities, electric distribution, and small utilities
- A GIS Solutions EXPO featuring Esri partner solutions designed to meet utility needs
- A site visit to the Questar Gas Emergency Response Training Facility
- 40 paper sessions presented by utility professionals and Esri partners, covering topics such as weather events, smart grid, distribution integrity management program (DIMP), data management, outage management, budget constraints, aging infrastructure, and new technology
Be part of Changing the Discussion: visit esri.com/electric-gas.
# # #
Jessica Wyland, Esri
Tel.: 909-793-2853, extension 1-3345
E-mail (press only): firstname.lastname@example.org
General Information: email@example.com