Transportation and Logistics
Transportation covers a lot of the ground, air, and sea. GIS is an important tool for managing, planning, evaluating, and maintaining transportation systems.
Esri consultants can assist you with implementing GIS for purposes as diverse as:
- Modeling travel demand 20 years in the future
- Tracking snowplows in real time
- Analyzing annual capital improvement plans
- Identifying noise regulation violations around airports
- Planning scenic byways in recreational areas
- Navigating inland waterways safely and efficiently
- Connecting GIS with multiple linear referencing systems (LRS) and other enterprise systems
Esri builds solutions to support complex routing and scheduling, fleet optimization, asset tracking, dispatch, territory optimization, planning, and other logistical operations. Built on core ArcGIS technology, these solutions incorporate mobile, desktop, web, and server capabilities that let you:
- Manage variable costs while routing and scheduling effectively.
- Track your mobile assets in real time.
- Implement fuel-saving green initiatives to minimize carbon emissions.
- Meet customer expectations.
Request more information about our transportation services or contact Eric Floss at 909-793-2853, extension 8708. If you are outside the United States, contact the Esri office that serves you.