A new pattern for delivering GIS capabilities, Web GIS facilitates the implementation of ArcGIS as a platform in your organization.
- Enable more people to easily build maps that work seamlessly across different devices
- Reduce the need to create custom applications with included ready-to-use applications and application templates
- Integrate GIS more easily with other business systems such as IBM Cognos, MicroStrategy, or SAP
- Access vast collections of ready-to-use maps (basemaps, demographic, terrain, etc.) and GIS services
- Use Web GIS as a content management system to organize, secure, and facilitate access to geographic information products
Transform your everyday mapping applications into frontline decision apps with two new products: GeoEvent Processor, a new extension for ArcGIS for Server, and Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS, a ready-to-go app that allows you to create operational views of live data.
- Connect to virtually any sensor or streaming data source, including social media
- Process the data in real-time so that you can extract only the relevant events that you want to pay attention to
- Monitor multiple, dynamic events, while automatically updating your maps and databases and sending alerts to asset operators and key decision-makers
- Reveal the telemetry of your real-time data via maps, lists, charts, gauges, and more based on your web maps and services.
Access ArcGIS in business systems, including MicroStrategy and Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Esri Maps for Office, Esri Maps for IBM Cognos and Esri Maps for SharePoint will be updated. Also, the next generation of Business Analyst Online and Community Analyst will be available. These apps will have significant enhancements such as
- New, streamlined user interfaces and key features that improve efficiency
- Additional data for many countries outside of the United States
- Localized interfaces in nine languages including English
Configure your online organization so that your users can sign in using their existing enterprise logins, (the username and password they already use within your organization). In addition to convenience, this new authentication capability will allow ArcGIS Online organizational account administrators to
- Greatly simplify administration by eliminating the need to maintain multiple user credentials for separate applications that people in the organization have access to
- Reduce security complexity by removing the necessity to replicate databases of user credentials for separate applications and systems
- Better protect enterprise resources and users’ personal information (which stays with the organization not with ArcGIS)
New Developer Opportunities
Take advantage of the enhancements to ArcGIS Runtime SDKs, Web Mapping APIs, and more.
- New ArcGIS Runtime SDKs for Qt, OS X, and Microsoft .NET.
- Improved and simplified Web APIs for creating powerful online web applications.
- Developers can create custom applications for phones and tablets that can go offline and continue to work with their maps and data.
Strengthen your decision making with additional analysis tools and discover new ways to access and use them.
- Take advantage of an expanding number of analysis tools available online
- Perform analytics online and share the results as hosted services
- Tap into a massive collection of Premium Content services to support your needs for demographic, elevation, and landscape analysis
- Realize the true potential of large image collections using dynamic image services within web maps
Be productive right away with ready-to-use apps. Collect information in the field and integrate the results with your GIS. Monitor activities, events, and assets through interactive dashboards. Create engaging map stories that can be shared with anyone.
- Download maps to your iOS or Android device and view, collect, and edit data offline with Collector for ArcGIS
- Manage Collector map content and synchronize changes when a network connection has been re-established
- Access Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS on iOS and Android tablets via Web browsers
Want the details of what's new in 10.2.2? Check out the ArcGIS Help for all the details.