ArcGIS 10.3 is planned to be a major update for Portal for ArcGIS. In addition to refreshing the user experience to match the look and feel capabilities of ArcGIS Online, Portal for ArcGIS at 10.3 will include the following enhancements:
New and Improved Apps
- Explorer for ArcGIS is a new application for iOS and Android tablets to work with web maps like never before.
- Collector for ArcGIS support has been expanded to include offline capabilities, such as 'pre-planned workflows' to support more field workers more efficiently.
- ArcGIS Pro will now be supported.
- New Web Application Templates
- Web App Builder to create custom ad-hoc HTML web applications and web application templates.
Portal for ArcGIS administrators will be able to define new custom roles for users in the Portal. They will be able to define with a high level of granularity which privileges are granted to users in the ArcGIS organization. For example, a role for users who can search and use private items, but will not be able to create any groups or share items with the rest of the organization.
Improved integration with authentication and authorization systems: Portal for ArcGIS will be able to manage members of groups using Windows Active Directory or LDAP groups. Additionally, support for SAML and oAuth has been included.
Learn more about Portal for ArcGIS.