New Instructor-Led Courses
Esri’s instructor-led courses are developed in-house by subject matter experts who have a deep understanding of ArcGIS best practices and recommended workflows. All instructors have Esri Technical Certifications and CompTIA CTT+ certification. Courses are currently offered online, in real time (in multiple time zones), and as private training events.
Do you need to ensure the accuracy of your authoritative GIS database? Are you looking to build the skills required to share actionable insight with decision-makers? If either of these scenarios speaks to you, check out the following courses:
- Configuring Branch Versioning in ArcGIS
For organizations that use ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Enterprise, branch versioning supports multiuser editing workflows. This one-day class provides GIS database managers with the knowledge they need to create and edit branch versions of geodatabase feature classes, configure user roles and privileges, resolve editing conflicts, and support online and offline editing workflows.
- ArcGIS Enterprise: Analysis Workflows for Intelligence
This course, which caters to analysts in the defense, intelligence, and public safety communities, goes over the mapping and analysis capabilities that are available through an organization’s ArcGIS Enterprise portal. Participants learn how to make web maps, analyze data, and share intelligence using ArcGIS apps and app builders.
Take an Esri MOOC
Massive open online courses (MOOCs) are free and convenient and offer a great way to keep up-to-date with fast-changing technologies. Participants get access to ArcGIS software, and each course includes video lectures by Esri experts, hands-on software exercises, and interactive forums to engage with learners from around the world. Everyone who completes the course content receives a certificate of completion. View all the MOOCs Esri has available. For a closer look at some upcoming courses, check out the following:
- Imagery in Action, August 11–September 22
This brand-new course is for anyone who wants to learn more about imagery. Participants get to explore cutting-edge imagery apps and the latest ArcGIS capabilities for working with imagery and remotely sensed data. Find out more about the course and register.
- Going Places with Spatial Analysis, September 22–November 3
This MOOC introduces spatial analysis concepts and workflows that are grounded in ArcGIS Online. Course exercises examine interesting, real-world examples in which conducting spatial analysis creates information that leads people to make better decisions. View course details and register.
- Spatial Data Science: The New Frontier in Analytics, October 27–December 8
Explore how to apply spatial data science to uncover hidden patterns, gain deeper insight into data, and improve predictive modeling. Participants will work with powerful ArcGIS analytical tools, use machine learning and deep learning techniques, and discover how to integrate popular open data science packages into their analyses. Learn more and register.
Did you know that the Esri Technical Certification program offers specialty exams that measure users’ knowledge and skills on focused topics, including ArcGIS API for Python and ArcGIS Online administration? These shorter exams are popular with those who are interested in showcasing their ongoing commitment to professional development and excellence.
The steps to attain a specialty certification vary based on where you are in the eligibility framework.
- Recently Certified: Specialty exams are designed to stack on top of core desktop and enterprise exams. Together, these certifications showcase foundational ArcGIS skills and knowledge as well as focused expertise. If you currently hold a core certification at version 10.3 or higher (think 10.4, 10.5, and 19-001), then you are eligible to take a specialty exam right now. Simply determine which specialty topic applies to your skills and experience.
- Certified, But Need to Update: Do you currently hold a certification at a version older than 10.3? Although Esri Technical Certifications never expire, you will need to earn a later-version core certification before you can achieve a specialty certification. Finding the right core exam to support your specialty aspirations starts with choosing the one that best aligns with your ArcGIS knowledge and experience.
- Not Yet Certified: Are you ready to embark on your certification journey? Great! Start by reviewing the core exams to determine which one best matches your skills. Then use the information and resources provided to prepare for the exam. Getting core certified will solidify your foundational ArcGIS knowledge and put you just a step away from earning a specialty certification.
Understanding eligibility requirements is an important part of validating the specific ArcGIS skills you have honed on the job or in school. Whether you’re just starting out or continuing your certification journey, engaging in the right planning and preparation is key to achieving your goals.
Looking for inspiration for your GIS journey? View all the certification success stories and explore the latest Esri Technical Certification exams. Also join the Esri Technical Certification groups on LinkedIn and the Esri Community to connect with other professionals and discuss all things certification.