Take an Instructor-Led Course
Are you looking for captivating ways to display data and maps? Do you need a better system for sharing GIS resources? If so, check out the following instructor-led courses to discover tips and tricks that you can apply to your work right away:
- Creating Stories with ArcGIS
Get ready to become a visual storyteller in this two-day class designed for anyone who wants to share information in an interactive and highly engaging manner. Stories made with ArcGIS StoryMaps are a popular way to engage with project stakeholders, inspire audiences, and present portfolios of work. Course participants learn best practices for creating and sharing great stories using ArcGIS StoryMaps.
- Sharing Content to ArcGIS Enterprise
Bring your organization’s enterprise GIS portal to life by sharing web maps, apps, and other authoritative geospatial resources there. This course teaches attendees essential workflows for efficiently sharing resources that support collaboration within and across business lines and, ultimately, make it easier for portal users to infuse their projects with location-based insight.
Esri’s instructor-led courses are developed in-house by subject matter experts who have a deep understanding of ArcGIS best practices and recommended workflows. All instructors have Esri technical certifications and CompTIA CTT+ certification. Courses are currently offered online, in real time (in multiple time zones), and as private training events.
Improve Your Tech Savviness by Taking an Esri MOOC
Massive open online courses (MOOCs) are free and convenient and offer a great way to build in-demand skills and stay up-to-date with Esri technology. Participants get access to ArcGIS software, and each course includes video lectures by Esri experts, hands-on software exercises, and interactive forums to engage with learners from around the world. For a closer look at some upcoming courses, take a look at the following:
- Going Places with Spatial Analysis, April 13–May 25
Learn the fundamental concepts of spatial analysis and see how it supports better decision-making at businesses, private organizations, and government agencies. Attendees get to have fun using ArcGIS Online to turn data into information as they explore real-world scenarios in which performing spatial analysis makes a difference. Registration is open through April 27.
- Imagery in Action, April 27–June 8
In this MOOC, learners explore the cutting-edge ArcGIS capabilities used to visualize, process, analyze, and share imagery and remotely sensed data. Top imagery experts demonstrate how to derive 2D and 3D imagery products from satellite and drone-captured imagery, lidar data, and more. Course exercises guide participants through essential imagery workflows using the latest ArcGIS desktop and cloud-based apps, as well as a pretrained deep learning model. Registration closes on May 11.
Everyone who completes a MOOC receives a certificate of completion. View all the MOOCs Esri has available.
The Esri Technical Certification Program is growing to support the needs of the global GIS community. If you work with ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, or developer technologies related to ArcGIS, there are new exams available (or coming soon) to help you validate your knowledge and skills.
The process to achieving certification begins with selecting an exam to take based on your current experience. Review all the information provided on the exam’s web page—especially the candidate qualifications and skills measured—to determine which exam offers the best match.
Once you’ve chosen an exam, purchase an exam voucher and then make an appointment with Esri’s testing partner, Pearson VUE. Esri certification exams can be taken at Pearson VUE testing centers or remotely using Pearson’s OnVUE option.
Planning adequate preparation is vital to passing a certification exam. Allow yourself plenty of time to study, and pay extra attention to exam topics that you’re less familiar with.
With these tips in mind, take a look at the following recently released certification exams to see if one is right for you:
- ArcGIS Pro Professional: Ideal for people with significant experience in GIS, this exam measures proficiency in a range of advanced ArcGIS Pro capabilities related to mapping, analysis, data management, and sharing geospatial content. Exam takers should have spent four or more years successfully completing or leading complex GIS projects.
- GIS Fundamentals Foundation: This certification is an excellent option for students and others who have entry-level GIS knowledge and experience using ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Pro to make maps, visualize data, perform spatial analysis, and share tasks. A minimum of three to six months of GIS coursework or workplace experience is recommended.
- ArcGIS Developer Foundation: GIS professionals and non-GIS developers who have up to two years of experience interacting with the ArcGIS system and its application programming interfaces (APIs) to deliver geospatial solutions will find this exam to be a good fit. It measures familiarity with user roles, authentication, and service types, and individuals should be able to create apps and publish and manage data.
If certification is something you’re interested in pursuing, get some inspiration for your GIS journey by viewing certification success stories and explore the latest Esri Technical Certification exams. Also join the Esri Technical Certification groups on LinkedIn and Esri Community to connect with other professionals and discuss all things certification.