GIS Transforming our World
The Esri UC Plenary Session promises to provide you with an in-depth look at what's next in the ArcGIS platform and the world's first glimpse of future GIS functionality. Grab a seat and enjoy the ride as Esri president Jack Dangermond and Esri experts show how GIS is transforming our world.
Dangermond will share his vision of web GIS and ArcGIS as your complete geospatial platform, which combines content and services from all devices and is enabled across the cloud and on-premises to provide transformational opportunities for your organization.
You will celebrate heroic stories of fellow users, such as the Philadelphia Police Department, as they let you walk in the shoes of a real-life crime drama, solving real-life cases with GIS. You will celebrate a day in the life of GIS with a journey through Horry County, South Carolina.
You will be the first ever to preview James Fallows' new "American Futures" project, where two of America's leading news organizations will apply GIS in an unprecedented attempt to tell business, cultural, and political stories in an entirely new way. As a lauded writer for The Atlantic, he will show that transforming how journalists tell stories can improve how citizens understand their communities and worlds.
You will receive an insider's look at the journey of Sam Pitroda, Advisor to the Prime Minister of India on Public Information Infrastructure and Innovations with a rank of Cabinet minister, using GIS to transform telecommunications, infrastructure, and the relationship between government and its citizens.
You are GIS, and your work transforms our world, our communities, and our organizations. The Esri UC Plenary Session is the kickoff for five days of celebrating your work, and we look forward to the largest GIS gathering in the world in San Diego.
Monday, July 8 – SDCC, Halls F, G, and H
|8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
||Welcome Jack Dangermond, Esri president. Real users, real stories of GIS transforming our world.
- Your Work – User Recognition
- GIS Transforming Our World
- Our Work – ArcGIS including:
- Esri Content with Suzanne Foss
- 3D GIS with Craig McCabe & Nathan Shephard
- Imagery with Tony Mason
- ArcGIS Online with Lauren Bennett
- Esri Serving Our Users
|10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
|10:30 a.m. – noon
Transforming Our Work, Our Organizations and Our Communities — Technology and users making a difference
See GIS in action through real technology demonstrations and user stories illustrating new advances in the ArcGIS platform.
- Where | Why with John Calkins & Lauren Bennett
- ArcGIS Desktop 10.2 with Jim McKinney & James Tedrick
- Esri Maps for Office with Nate Bennett
- City of Philadelphia Police Department and ArcGIS with Grant Erwin and Detective Justin Frank
- ArcGIS Server and the GeoEvent Processor with Adam Mollenkopf
- CenterPoint Energy and Portal for ArcGIS with Cindi Salas and Rob Robertson
- Bavarian State Forest Administration and ArcGIS Mobile with Christian Simbeck
- ArcGIS Apps including Explorer for ArcGIS with Jeff Jackson
- Horry County, South Carolina and a Day in their Life with Tim Oliver & Mike Sweeney
- Unveiling the new ArcGIS Professional Application with Jim McKinney and Jack Dangermond
|noon – 2:00 p.m.
|2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
||Transforming Our World: Jack Dangermond
- Keynote: A National GIS for India’s Development with Sam Pitroda
- Special Guest: Journalism and GIS – what they can teach each other with James Fallows
- The Urban Observatory with Jack Dangermond and Hugh Keegan
- STEM & GIS in Schools with Amber Case, Charlie Fitzpatrick, i.am.angel and Roosevelt High School
- Special Guest will.i.am and Jack Dangermond
* Esri UC opening day activities continue with the Map Gallery and Reception, Special Displays, Academic GIS Program Fair at 3:30 p.m., and Lightning Talks at 4:30 p.m.