New Training and Certification Offerings from Esri
Instructor-Led Training: ArcGIS 10.1 for Server Courses
Reflecting the major changes introduced at ArcGIS 10.1 for Server, the instructor-led training curriculum for the data management and web services aspects of ArcGIS for Server have been reenvisioned for the ArcGIS 10.1 release. The changes are summarized below.
For ArcGIS 10.1, our instructor-led geodata curriculum consists of these four courses:
- Building Geodatabases—This course teaches essential concepts needed to store and realistically model geographic data in a geodatabase. Course topics apply to file-based and multiuser geodatabases.
- Configuring and Managing the Multiuser Geodatabase—Designed for database administrators who need to create and deploy a multiuser geodatabase to support enterprise workflows, this course is database agnostic and focuses on workflows that are applicable across platforms.
- Implementing Versioned Workflows in a Multiuser Geodatabase—Designed for GIS database administrators and managers, this course covers how to set up and manage a multiuser editing environment and deploy a versioning workflow that meets organizational needs.
- Distributing Data Using Geodatabase Replication (available early 2013)—Designed for GIS database administrators and managers, this course teaches how to implement geodatabase replication to support efficient, secure enterprise data management workflows.
Web Administration and Mapping
For ArcGIS 10.1, we are offering the four courses below:
- ArcGIS for Server: Sharing GIS Content on the Web—Designed for GIS professionals, this course teaches how to deliver maps and other geographic information as web services that are accessible to both colleagues and non-GIS audiences.
- ArcGIS for Server: Site Configuration and Administration (available early 2013)—Designed for IT and system administrators who are new to ArcGIS 10.1 for Server. Course topics focus on the Windows environment, but many apply to Linux, as well.
- Migrating to ArcGIS 10.1 for Server—Designed for experienced administrators of an existing 9.3 or 10.0 system, this course provides information and hands-on experience needed to implement a suitable migration strategy. Course topics focus on the Windows environment, but many apply to Linux, as well.
- System Architecture Design Strategies—Designed for software architects, GIS managers, and IT and system administrators, this course covers GIS architecture design strategies and infrastructure architecture alternatives that support successful enterprise operations.
View the complete instructor-led class schedule at esri.com/ilt.
10.1 Certification Exams Coming This Fall
Updated ArcGIS 10.1 certification exams will begin being released later this fall. The ArcGIS Desktop Associate 10.1 and ArcGIS Desktop Professional 10.1 exams will be the first available. The following 10.1 certification exams are scheduled to be released through 2012 and in 2013:
- ArcGIS Desktop Associate 10.1
- ArcGIS Desktop Professional 10.1
- Web Application Developer Associate 10.1
- Enterprise Administration Associate 10.1
- Geodatabase Management Associate 10.1
New Payment Options for Certification Exams
Exam vouchers may still be purchased directly from the test provider (Pearson VUE) via credit card but are now also available directly from Esri by requesting a quote from GIStraining@esri.com or by calling 800-447-9778, extension 5757. Through Esri, vouchers may be purchased using a credit card, purchase order, government requisition, or prepaid credits acquired through programs such as the Esri Enterprise Advantage Program or Esri Training Pass. These new options offer individuals and organizations more flexibility for acquiring their exam vouchers.
Esri Technical Certification exams are also covered under the GI Bill. Qualified candidates can purchase their exam voucher and submit a form for reimbursement under the GI Bill provision. Get more information about the different payment options at esri.com/certification/registration.
For More Information
|Find a course:||esri.com/coursecatalog|
|Training Matters blog:||esri.com/trainingblog|
|Training on Twitter:||twitter.com/Esritraining|
|Subscribe to the training newsletter:||esri.com/trainingnews|
|Esri Press books:||esri.com/esripress|
|Esri Technical Certification website:||esri.com/certification|
|Esri Technical Certification exam registration site:||pearsonvue.com/esri|
|Esri Technical Certification prep resources:||esri.com/skillsreview|