Many of you have leveraged the set of live feeds provided by Esri from the Technical Marketing (i.e. http://tmservices1.esri.com) set of services over the years. Over the past year, many of these live feeds have been integrated into ArcGIS Online as a supported part of the product. This blog post is the first in a series to announce that the http://tmservices1.esri.com set of services will be retired on December 31, 2016. There will be no change or loss in the content that is provided, it will simply change source URL.
Many of you may have already noticed that these feeds are already a part of the Living Atlas and you can browse or search for them when creating maps in ArcGIS Online.
These live feeds are available to ArcGIS Online users with an organizational subscription or developer account. As with other subscriber services available from Esri (e.g. NAIP imagery, elevation layers, live traffic), there are no credits consumed for using these live feeds. Also note that these live feeds can be shared in a public web map WITHOUT requiring users to sign in. To share these feeds publicly, there are just a couple of extra steps, which have been outlined in this blog – How to Share ArcGIS Online Live Feeds with the Public. While the service URLs will break after December 31st, 2016, the web map items WON’T break.
Here is the list of items for the permanent location of these live feeds:
- The Current Wind and Weather Conditions (global) – http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=29d3ea0ef52a43abab68be309479f2ac
- Storm Reports (US) – http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=bd0375ee649b4a06804bd21ccf6c280f
- Active Hurricanes / Tropical Cyclones (global) – http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5b84e159dace4bf8ad9e9154085ba45d
- Recent Hurricanes / Tropical Cyclones (global) – http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=b065ab28cd054eddb8a08058d13e6a33
- Wildfires (US) – http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5b84e159dace4bf8ad9e9154085ba45d
- Hot Spots (Global) – http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=44534f45c6bf49d8a6d7455b904e77b8
- Earthquakes (Global) – http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=af7568d8579048f7b42e534891824029
- Stream Gauges (US) – http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=d3aba6b6448e4149b6447a2f6155b573
- Short-term weather warnings (US) – http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=dab741e00de34746a931d44c695b301c
So please update your web maps and apps to reference this data from the new source by the end of the year!