The next ArcGIS Pro SDK release will soon arrive with ArcGIS Pro 2.1. This release will include significant additions to the API areas of Annotation, Layout and Utility Network. Below are some of the new capabilities you’ll find in the new 2.1 SDK.
- Create and edit annotation features
- Assign and manage annotation geometries
- Create new layouts from scratch with dynamic settings
- Author layout element types
- Interact with layout views and manage element selections
Utility Network API:
- Create custom utility network traces
- Develop tools for utility-focused workflows
An example of dynamically creating layouts with the Layout API:
An example of running a custom network trace with the Utility Network API:
As with each release, there will be new ProConcept and ProGuide documentation and code samples to help you get up and running with the new SDK features.
Stay tuned for the Pro 2.1 release announcement in January, when we’ll provide additional information on the updates with links to the new content. In the meantime, keep the ArcGIS Pro SDK page handy.
We always invite your feedback in the Pro SDK Group on GeoNet.
For a look at what’s coming with Pro 2.1 in general, see this earlier What’s Coming post.