ESRI, in conjunction with Vertex3, has released revised versions of Xray for ArcGIS 10. The Xray Add-In for ArcCatalog can be used to develop, refine and document your geodatabase designs. The Xray Add-In for ArcMap can be used to document the properties of your map documents (MXDs).
This release includes the following enhancements:
- Added support for Dataset, Field, and Domain Descriptions. These tools will create spreadsheets where you can document all descriptions in one place.
- Added support for SDE and Workgroup Geodatabases. You can now select .gds and .sde connection files in ArcCatalog to export/import XML Workspaces.
- Default SVG settings/options can now be changed in an XML Document.
- FGDC Metadata support (ESRI patch for ArcGIS Desktop).
This release also addressed the following bugs:
- File locking error messages that were caused by a file reader object not being closed correctly in the application.
- The SVG settings menu was not updating correctly when the “Visio” option was selected or checked.
- Improved automatic layout of SVG graphics in Visio.
We hope you’ll find these tools valuable when developing and sharing your ArcGIS 10 geodatabases and map documents and look forward to your feedback.