The next update of the Business Analyst Web and Mobile apps is planned for April 2018. Here are the key highlights of what’s coming:
Use New Options for Competitor Locations in Suitability Analysis
Use distance to nearest competitor and attributes from the competition layer e.g. sales, number of employees, size of business when factoring-in competitive locations. Optimize suitability analysis with improved competitive landscape input around your sites.
Compare Locations Visually and Interactively
Get new options for easily creating and customizing your comparison reports. Use a good performing location as a benchmark to evaluate other locations against it. Create multi-variable charts and more informative visualizations in just a few clicks. Easily organize and find comparison report templates.
Create Custom Variables from Your Own Data
Calculate derived variables from your own data variables which are brought in using the Custom Data Setup workflow. For example, let’s say you have quarterly sales variables (e.g. Q1 sales, Q2 sales) added in BA Web as custom data. You will be able to create a custom variable by adding Q1 and Q2 sales to determine the sales for the first half of the year or by subtracting Q2 sales from Q1 to determine quarterly sales change.
Add ArcGIS Content More Efficiently
Easily find and add content from ArcGIS Online including the maps and layers you own, from groups, your organization, and Living Atlas, and publicly available. Use various filtering, sorting, and search options and get a content browsing experience very similar to what it is in ArcGIS Online.
You will also notice that the More Maps button will be replaced by a Basemaps icon to provide an easier way for changing basemaps. The experience of adding data from ArcGIS Online will continue to be available from the Add Data menu along with other options for bringing data in the BA Web App.
Enhanced Mobile App
Improved user experience and support for German, French, and Brazilian-Portuguese languages.
Use More Customization Options in Infographics
- Create custom age pyramids. For example, use the Population by Age distribution variables for France and create an age pyramid to understand male and female population distribution by age in one view.
- Use text attributes from your own data in reports and infographics. For example, include the text-based parcel land use information in custom reports and infographics and put it together with numerical data (e.g. demographics) aggregated for your sites.
- Create charts using negative values. For example, easily visualize demand and supply using positive and negative values respectively for them.
- Set up minimum and maximum range values for gauge charts
- Export and save drill-down panels as image
- Michael-Bauer Research data update to 2017 vintage for Western European countries including Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, UK, and more and to 2016 vintage for Oceania, Carribean, North Africa, and Sub-Sahara African countries.
- Advanced data updates from Nexiga in Germany and Esri Japan
- Many more..
Bring Infographics in Your Custom Applications
Please note that all planned updates are subject to change without notice. A comprehensive list of implemented updates will be provided in a post-release What’s New blog.