We’re pleased to announce the release of ArcGIS Maps for Office 4.1.1, which contains several security improvements that resolve problems with TLS/SSL hardening, handshaking, and sign in issues. We strongly encourage all customers to download and install this update, particularly if you experience sign in and connection issues with ArcGIS Maps for Office.
Issues addressed with this patch
- BUG-000110287 Signing in on ArcGIS Maps for Office 4.1 to a portal installed on Windows Server 2016 that uses Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA) will fail
- BUG-00109702 – Sign in for ArcGIS Maps for Office fails when TLS 1.0 and SSL 3.0 are disabled on IIS on the portal web adaptor machine
- Added support for TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2
- Improved SSL/TLS handshaking performance
Install the update
This update can be installed on a new system or installed over existing installations of ArcGIS Maps for Office. To install the patch, do the following:
- Download the 32-bit or 64-bit release of ArcGIS Maps for Office 4.1.1 that matches your 32-bit or 64-bit Microsoft Office installation type.
- Ensure you have administrative access to the system to install software.
- Double-click the downloaded ArcGIS Maps for Office 4.1.1 installer to start the setup process.
For more information, see the ArcGIS Maps for Office installation guide.
To install the update silently, follow the steps outlined in Deploy across an enterprise.