ArcGIS Workforce is a powerful mobile solution that improves the planning and coordination of your field workforce using a location-based approach for managing field work. Included with your ArcGIS organization, Workforce combines the location of mobile workers and the tasks they need to accomplish with the maps and apps used to complete their daily activities.
You can configure Workforce to open other Esri apps, providing mobile workers with an integrated experience when completing data collection or inspection tasks.
Previously, you could only pass the GlobalID, Work Order ID and/or location fields within the assignments layer to another Esri app. With the December update, you can pass any field in the assignments layer to Field Maps or Survey123.
For example, you may consider passing the following fields included in the assignments layer to another layer used by Field Maps or Survey123:
- The date when an assignment was created or assigned
- A GUID value so that you can relate the assignment to the new feature being captured
- The assignment type, so it can be used to drive conditional logic when filling out forms
You’ve always been able to add user-defined fields to the assignments layer and here are some examples where you may consider passing additional fields to Field Maps or Survey123:
- Estimated completion time for a specific task (consider passing as a read-only field into Field Maps next to an actual completion time for the task).
- Contractor information (name, phone number, yard line type, qualifications).
- Additional asset details stored within your asset management system that simplifies the capture experience for your mobile workforce
This strategic update enables new opportunities to enhance and streamline data collection workflows.
In addition to this strategic update, the ArcGIS Workforce web app has several performance and bug fix improvements. The ArcGIS Workforce mobile apps available on the Apple App Store and Google Play received minor bug fix updates in November.
For more information, see Integrate other Esri apps.