At the June 2016 ArcGIS Solutions Release the Briefing Book and any ready-to-use maps and apps that contain the Briefing Book will move to the Retired Lifecycle Phase.
- ArcGIS for Local Government Briefing Book
- ArcGIS for State Government Briefing Book
- ArcGIS for Emergency Management Briefing Book
Story Maps most closely embody the capabilities of Briefing Book and provide additional benefits such as:
- Most Story Maps can be deployed directly through an organization’s mapping portal (ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS). This does not require hosting an application on a webserver.
- Story Maps can leverage identity within ArcGIS. This gives authors of map-based briefings more control over which individuals and groups have access.
- The growing collection of Story Maps gives users more options to provide a navigation experience that best suits the information being conveyed.
- Story Maps continue to be developed.
Since Briefing Book is open source, after retirement users will still be able to access and extend Briefing Book source code on GitHub at https://github.com/Esri/briefing-book