Purchase a user type to get ArcGIS StoryMaps
To use ArcGIS StoryMaps, you'll need full access to the Essential Apps Bundle by purchasing an ArcGIS Creator or GIS Professional user type.
You can also create story maps with the new Storyteller user type, which is ideal for people who solely want to create story maps. The Storyteller user type can be added to organizations that already have a Creator or GIS Professional user type. View all user types and see which one is right for you.
Already an ArcGIS subscriber? Log in to access ArcGIS StoryMaps.
New User Type
- Create ArcGIS StoryMaps
- Embed maps and content shared by other ArcGIS users in your organization
- Create your own express maps
- Share stories privately within your organization or broadly with the public
- Access to organizational content created with ArcGIS Online or other ArcGIS apps is built in
- Must be purchased by an account administrator with a Creator or GIS Professional user type
$100 / year
- Create maps and apps
- Analyze data to understand trends
- Share maps with your team or the public
- Collaborate with team members
- Administer users and content within the subscription
- Use content from ArcGIS Living Atlas of the World
Basic $700 / year
Standard $2,750 / year
Advanced $3,800 / year
Frequently asked questions about pricing
Can I upgrade my account for the new version?
If you have classic Esri Story Maps, you already have access to the new ArcGIS StoryMaps! Just log in with your existing ArcGIS credentials to gain access. For more information on transitioning to ArcGIS StoryMaps, visit the product road map page.
What if I only want ArcGIS StoryMaps?
We now have an affordable way to enable all the storytellers in your organization to make story maps. For a lower price per year, the new StoryTeller user type allows anyone to create story maps with web maps and other content shared in their ArcGIS Online organization.
ArcGIS StoryMaps is also offered as part of the Essential Apps Bundle, which is included in the Creator and GIS Professional user types. If you'd prefer to just edit or view a story map, you could purchase the Viewer, Fieldworker, or Editor user type instead.
Which user type is right for me?
Visit the ArcGIS Online Pricing page, which shows all user types and the capabilities for each.