The world's leading businesses, governments, and nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) alike rely on Esri technology to analyze data and gain insights for critical decision-making. The Esri Maintenance Program makes it easy to stay current on the latest geospatial innovations with access to award-winning support, unlimited training, community resources, and more.
Get the most from your GIS investment
Benefits included for active users
Customers that keep their maintenance active enjoy the following benefits.
Successful users leverage maintenance
The leading-edge capabilities available through maintenance can help you solve complex problems, improve processes, and create business that drives change. See how some of your industry-leading peers in our community are using their maintenance benefits to amplify their impact.
Cal OES | Public Safety
Esri's support team stood behind the California Governor's Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES) as its staff modernized and scaled up operations.
Frequently asked questions
What are all the benefits of maintenance?
The Esri Maintenance Program includes six key benefits designed to enhance user productivity and help you get the most out of your products:
- The Latest Software Updates and Security—Updates deliver the latest geospatial innovations with new functionalities that save time and improve workflows. Plus, updates ensure that your products remain in the General Availability and Extended Support stages of the product life cycle. Only software in these stages receives security patches to keep your data protected.
- Award-Winning Tech Support—Guaranteed access to the award-winning Esri support team—available on weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (ET)—helps your team overcome challenges and accomplish goals more quickly. Assistance from our expert analysts can save your staff's time and your organization's money and accelerate the pace at which ArcGIS is supporting your mission.
- Impactful Community Events and Resources—For many of our licenses, passes to the annual Esri User Conference are included at no extra cost with active maintenance. These passes—valued at approximately $1,500—provide your staff direct access to hear from their peers, forge relationships with partner organizations, and engage with Esri staff. Plus, take advantage of Esri Community forums and collaborative cloud-based tools to engage with your colleagues around the world at any time.
- Unlimited Access to Esri e-Learning—On-demand online training resources ensure that your staff is fully equipped to use the latest capabilities in their work. Users who are current on maintenance have unlimited access to our digital collection of web courses, seminars, videos, and more.
- Comprehensive Compatibility Testing—Our team tests and certifies every product and product update for compatibility with current Windows and Linux operating systems and database versions. Compatibility testing ensures that your team has seamless access to their GIS tools, data, and projects while staying current on critical system updates.
- Rich Cloud Services—Maintenance provides access to over 1 TB of curated data for analysis and use, hosted by Esri so that your organization can save money on data storage fees. You can also explore and utilize additional open data shared by millions of organizations around the world. These services and more are available for ArcGIS Desktop users via the maintenance program's bundled ArcGIS Online subscription. ArcGIS Enterprise administrators can also enable access for their users through leveraging an ArcGIS Desktop user's bundled ArcGIS Online subscription and service credits.
How can I renew maintenance for my existing product?
The majority of users renew their maintenance on our customer care site, My Esri. Here, you have access to a self-renewal function, so you can use a credit card or request an invoice, including reference to a purchase order if necessary. If your organization's maintenance has already expired, this quote is available on My Esri and can be reactivated by contacting Esri Customer Service directly via our Contact Us page.
If my maintenance expires, is there a reinstatement fee or back maintenance charge?
If you choose to discontinue your maintenance, all maintenance fees from the date of discontinuation will be due and payable if you decide to reactivate your maintenance coverage at a later date. If you are not able to pay the associated fees consider purchasing a new license via our Subscription methods. ArcGIS Subscriptions are convenient, flexible plans that can be started whenever you need.
If my maintenance expires, can I still use my perpetual product(s)?
Yes, but with limitations. Your perpetual software will continue to work, and you'll still have access to your analytics tools. However, you will lose functionality as it pertains to the benefits described above. You could end up working with outdated software, putting your platform's security at risk, and limiting your opportunities for e-Learning. Also, you would lose access to your bundled ArcGIS Online subscription or ArcGIS Enterprise desktop use entitlement, which includes over 1 TB of hosted content from Esri. Furthermore, your staff may need to source alternative datasets and have to download, store, and host data themselves, creating additional cost to your organization and reducing productivity.
How do I activate the ArcGIS Online subscription bundled in my core product maintenance?
The individual who purchased your original license should have received an invitation via email to complete this action. If you are unsure who this individual is or whether they completed this action, please call our customer service team. We would be happy to resend the email invitation to the primary maintenance contact (PMC). We can also connect you with the PMC for your organization. Basic setup for an ArcGIS Online organizational account only takes about 30 minutes to fully configure, so you will be up and running in no time.
I already have access to e-Learning, upgrades, tech support, and ArcGIS Online. Does that mean I have maintenance?
Yes! The e-Learning and support benefits are only available through maintenance. Your next step is to make sure you are on track for renewal so that you never miss out on these benefits. You can check to see when your maintenance term expires and renew it when needed through My Esri.
I have a term license or subscription. Do I have access to the same benefits as maintenance?
Yes. All term licenses and subscriptions include the same benefits listed above. Similar to maintenance, these benefits are accessible so long as your term or subscription is active. If your term or subscription is not renewed and concludes, your access to the benefits and software will end.
What is My Esri and how do I access my account?
My Esri is your customer care site where you can directly access details about your account. This includes order history, maintenance status, and the ability to renew your maintenance.
Additionally, you can view organizational entitlements such as Esri User Conference event passes, software downloads, and license files. This is also where you would manage training permissions, view course completion history, create and access technical support cases, and review Esri Enterprise Advantage Program details when applicable.
Check out this great blog post for details.