ArcGIS Business Analyst Pro is an extension for ArcGIS Pro that allows you to perform sophisticated spatial analysis and modeling, including customer and competitor analysis, territory design, target marketing, and site selection.
The ArcGIS Business Analyst Pro team is rounding out the year with the November 2023 release. With this release, we have included a lot of new features and enhancements. Check out our list below for all the details:
- New infographic and classic report editor
- Enhanced territory management capabilities
- Improved target marketing (redesigned reports, accessibility enhancements)
- New cell centroids in Generate Grids and Hexagons
New infographic and classic report editor
The ArcGIS Business Analyst team listened to your feedback! We are introducing the capabilities to build and edit infographic and classic report templates in ArcGIS Business Analyst Pro using a local dataset. You can access this feature directly from the Business Analysis gallery. Additionally, custom reports authored in ArcGIS Business Analyst Desktop can be edited and run in ArcGIS Pro. This will support your migration to Business Analyst Pro and allow you to efficiently produce information for your organization.
Enhanced territory management capabilities
The Assign Territories pane is now the Modify Territories pane. The pane is redesigned for efficiency to include support for locking, and unlocking territories, viewing base feature attributes, and other common territory management capabilities.
The Modify Territories pane now includes a parent column to illustrate relationships at a glance. The parent column shows territory hierarchy assignments at each level. For example, you can determine which territories belong to districts, or which districts belong to national regions.
Improved target marketing
We made several changes and enhancements to target marketing. Let’s take a deeper dive into each one.
- The reports generated by the Target Marketing workflow were redesigned to support infographic-style elements such as interactive charts, dynamic text, and filtering, allowing for faster analysis and interpretation. In addition, summarizations of the top items of interest and accessibility design improvements have been included.
- The Target Marketing workflow includes accessibility enhancements. For example, keyboard navigation has been improved for the Four Quadrant Analysis chart, and the workflow has been optimized for users of screen readers to amplify their user experience.
New cell centroids in Generate Grids and Hexagons
The Generate Grids and Hexagons geoprocessing tool now contains support for grid cell centroids. You can use these points for inputs in other analyses, such as a demand layer in Network Analyst location-allocation, heat map symbolization, and criteria in suitability analysis. Applications of the centroids include analyzing markets in site evaluation, customer marketing, and predictive modeling.
We are so happy to share this release of ArcGIS Business Analyst Pro with you! Below, you can find additional links that may be useful.
- Business Analyst product overview page
- Review pricing and purchase Business Analyst
- Join our LinkedIn Business Analyst User Group
- Join our Business Analyst Esri Community
- Follow our weekly #BATipsandTricks posts on social media
- Read more Business Analyst blog articles on ArcGIS Blog
- Watch Business Analyst Pro videos
- Visit the Business Analyst Resources page