Esri is pleased to announce the details of the Esri Demographics release later this month which includes updates to Standard Demographics and Advanced Demographics.
Standard Demographics include a baseline set of demographic and socioeconomic data for over 170 countries and regions, provide a broad picture of topics, and come from a consistent data source and methodology. Many data variables are standardized across these regions, enabling comparison across global markets and communities. Countries and regions are updated on a rolling basis throughout the year. Source: Michael Bauer Research
February updates include:
Europe: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkiye, United Kingdom… all updated with new demographic data (from 2021 to 2022). In addition, some countries have new variables:
- Finland – 4 new variables on marital status
- Germany – 4 new variables on education
- Switzerland – 5 new variables on household type
Advanced Demographics provide a detailed set of data within a country or region and include additional data variables and/or levels of geography. Advanced Demographics are available for a limited set of countries or regions.
February updates include:
United States and Puerto Rico
American Community Survey (ACS) – includes the annual release of the U.S Census Bureau’s 5-year estimates for the U.S. and Puerto Rico. The 2017-2021 5-year estimates include new variables on the availability of computers and internet for the following groups:
- Household Population 3+ Enrolled in School by Pre-K to 4th, 5th-8th, 9th-12th, Undergrad or Higher
- Household Population 3+ Not in school
- Household Population 2 and under
Include new variables on Poverty:
- Household Population with Income below poverty level
- Household Population with Income above poverty level
Include a change to Housing Units Year Built:
- ‘Housing Units Built in 2014 or Later’ will be removed and replaced by ‘Housing Units Built in 2020 or Later.’
Crime Indexes – includes the semi-annual release of Crime Indexes from the 2022B release from Applied Geographic Solutions (AGS). Crime Indexes provide a view of the relative risk of specific crime types. It is not a database of actual crimes, but rather the relative risk in an area compared to the United States in its entirety. The database includes indexes for several categories of personal and property crime.
Esri Demographics are accessible in various ways from Esri…
ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Pro, and ArcGIS Enterprise
- Access ready-to-use maps from ArcGIS Living Atlas of the World and add context to your maps and analyses.
- Use Enrich Layer to append location-based data to points, lines, or areas.
ArcGIS Business Analyst
- Identify sites and evaluate markets with ArcGIS Business Analyst, demographic mapping software.
- Enhance workflows and apps with the ArcGIS GeoEnrichment Service – Enrich data with additional location-based information about people and places in a specific area.
Reports and Data