The Story Maps Developers’ Corner is a great place for developers of all experience levels to learn how to customize Esri’s open-source Story Map apps. The Story Maps team has shared many tips and tricks on the Dev Corner since we announced it back in Nov 2015, and we’ve also had contributions from several guest authors.
Here’s what we’ve been blogging about on the Dev Corner since our last update on the ArcGIS blog:
- A simple way to host videos for Story Maps
- Adding data-driven text to a Story Map
- How to personalize your Crowdsource story even more
- Story Map Crowdsource: Advanced Configuration
- Custom forms in the Story Map Crowdsource beta
- Host your story maps for free with Surge
- Dynamically load a mobile-optimized version of your Story Map
- Customizing theme colors in Map Journal and Map Series
- Customizing the geocoders shown in Map Journal, Map Series, and Shortlist
And one of our guest authors, Tim Witt, contributed several articles on Map Journal customizations he’s done:
If you need help using or customizing a Story Map app, or if you would like to use your expertise to help your fellow storytellers and developers, please join our community at the Story Maps place on GeoNet.
This article was originally published in March 2017 and was updated in December 2018.