Esri Geoportal Server
Free Geoportal Add-ons
These Esri Geoportal Server add-ons add new levels of interoperability between geoportals and ArcGIS Desktop or ArcGIS Explorer. There are clients for data publishing and data search and discovery.
CSW Clients for ArcGIS
The CSW Clients for ArcGIS let you discover and use GIS resources available through a geoportal directly from ArcGIS Desktop or ArcGIS Explorer. Use the clients to
- Search metadata catalogs directly from ArcMap or ArcGIS Explorer.
- View the title and abstract of search results and download the metadata XML.
- Add live map services to ArcMap or ArcGIS Explorer.
- ArcGIS Desktop 10 is required to install the ArcMap component of the CS-W clients for ArcGIS.
The CSW Client for ArcGIS Explorer requires ArcGIS Explorer Build 1200 or higher.
Download the CSW Clients for ArcGIS.
CSW Clients installation and configuration instructions.
The Publish Client is a tool for ArcCatalog that lets you easily publish metadata from your local desktop to the geoportal.
The metadata can come from
- Single-user Geodatabases
- Multiuser Geodatabases
- Any local data format that supports metadata in ArcCatalog.
ArcGIS Desktop 10 is required to install the Publish Client.
Download the Publish Client.
Publish Client installation and configuration instructions.
Visit Common Questions for more information about the Geoportal Server clients.