Starting August 28, 2020, the 2020 U.S. data for ArcGIS Business Analyst Desktop (including the ArcGIS Business Analyst Extension to ArcGIS Pro) and ArcGIS Business Analyst Enterprise will be available to download from MyEsri.
This release includes the Esri U.S. 2020/2025 data updates for ArcGIS Business Analyst datasets and reports. (For additional details on new data, updates, changes, methodology and more, please refer to the What’s New Esri 2020 U.S. Demographics Data document. You can also visit our U.S. data overview page, which includes a link to the Esri Data Catalog.)
Key highlights of the data include:
- Updated Historical Time Series for Population, Households, and Housing Units expanded from 2010-2018 to 2010-2019 in Esri’s 2020 Time Series
- New data: Labor Force by Age, which includes estimates of civilian labor force, employed, unemployed, and unemployment rate by age. Please see a new learn lesson that explains how to use and interpret Esri’s US Civilian Labor Force Data.
- New report: Civilian Labor Force Profile
- New data collection: Employment and Unemployment
- Adjustments for COVID-19 reflected in the following characteristics of Esri’s 2020/2025 Updated Demographics: Net Worth, Employment/Unemployment, Home Value, Income, and Tenure.
Instructions for Installing Data
As an eligible customer on maintenance, you can now download your Esri Demographics data through MyEsri.
Your U.S. 2020 SDLIC data files to unlock the new data and the Coder .lfx license file are now also available for download from the My Esri website. To download your .sdlic license file and Coder .lfx license file, go to My Organizations > Licensing > License Files. Then click the License Files related to ArcGIS Business Analyst and StreetMap Premium button to see the list of available files. Click the Download button next to the .sdlic or .lfx license file you want to download. Save the .sdlic or .lfx license file to your hard drive, then double-click the file or use the ArcGIS Administrator tool to register the license and unlock the data.
The U.S. 2020 data update can be installed on Business Analyst Desktop 10.4 or later and Business Analyst Enterprise 10.7 or later. You do not need to uninstall Business Analyst Desktop or Business Analyst Enterprise before installing the data update. If you have any questions or need assistance with installation, please refer to the Business Analyst Desktop or Business Analyst Enterprise installation guide.
Please note: Starting with this data update, backup media will not be automatically shipped to you; they must be requested by contacting Esri Support Services.
If you need help with download of software products, please login at my.esri.com with your Esri Account and go to My Organizations > Downloads. Then click View Downloads for the product you wish to download. Please note, you can also click Show Filter Options and type in the name of the product you are looking for.
If you need additional assistance, please contact Esri Support Services:
Thank you for choosing Esri products!