We’re pleased to announce that version 3.0 of AppStudio for ArcGIS is now available. This release includes new features and productivity tools to help you quickly create beautiful apps to share to the public or deploy throughout an organization.
So What’s New in AppStudio 3.0?
- Support for high-accuracy GPS/GNSS receivers
- The Map Tour template now fully supports taking you map tours offline
- Improvements to the Quick Report and Map Viewer templates
- It’s easier to find the right samples thanks to new sample categories
- ArcGIS Runtime has been up upgraded to 100.2.1
- Underlying Qt framework has been upgraded to 5.10
- And More…to get more details see our posts on GeoNet
Support for high-accuracy GPS/GNSS receivers
AppStudio for ArcGIS now supports connecting directly to GPS/GNSS receivers so you can bring high-accuracy location data directly into your apps. To use a GPS/GNSS receiver with AppStudio, it must support the output of NMEA 0183 sentences. AppStudio 3.0 includes a new “GNSS Info” sample app to help get you started with using GPS/GNSS receivers . The GNSS Info app includes:
- The ability to browse and connect to a receiver
- Display a location on a map along with metadata about that location
- Presentation of satellite information available
- Presentation of key quality parameters that may indicate the usefulness of the data received
- Display of a raw feed of data from the receiver for troubleshooting
AppStudio Desktop Improvements
With this release AppStudio now moves to ArcGIS Runtime version 100.2.1 with enhancements such as rasters in Mobile Map Packages, and improved WMS and 3D scene support. Note, with this release we also discontinued support for ArcGIS Runtime 10.2.6 on AppStudio Desktop; please read this blog post to learn more about this deprecation. Additionally, we have improved the sample searching experience by adding a new combo box to categorize more than 60 samples.
Updated AppStudio Player
Improved AppStudio Templates
Visit the AppStudio Group on GeoNet to Learn About AppStudio 3.0
To see examples of some of the great apps that have been created with AppStudio for ArcGIS visit the AppStudio Showcase.
We can’t wait to see the awesome apps you create with AppStuido 3.0.
–The AppStudio Team