With the release of AppStudio for ArcGIS version 4.2, we have improved our templates by adding exciting new features, enhancements and bug fixes to help you create cross-platform native apps easier and faster. Visit the What’s New post to learn about all the updates. This blog post is about the enhancements and improvements now available in all the four templates currently available with AppStudio. These updates to the templates in this release include:
Support for offline Map Areas – With Map Viewer’s 4.2 release, we have extended your ability to take maps offline by supporting preplanned map areas, in addition to the previously supported Mobile Map Packages (MMPKs). Map areas allow you to package data from specific areas of a web map to make it easier and faster to download maps for offline use. You can use ArGIS Online or Enterprise to easily create offline map areas and then download the map areas in the Map Viewer app to view layers and features when you are disconnected from the internet.
This feature will only be available for webmaps which have offline map areas enabled. When map areas are enabled, a download button becomes available while viewing the webmap. Pressing this button will give you an option to download one or more Map Areas for offline use. Not only can you download and view an offline map area, you can also perform a sync operation if there is an update available to your previously downloaded offline map area. Please remember to have the “Show Both” option selected for the Maps to Show in Gallery property in your template app’s Settings tool if you plan to use these downloaded offline map areas in a disconnected environment.
Here is a quick illustration on how to download offline map areas in the Map Viewer template application for users. We are looking forward to any feedback regarding this new feature.
Other updates within the Map Viewer template include the following bug fixes and performance improvements:
- [BUG-000126914] Map Viewer template does not show in Gallery view when one web map is in a referenced group with MMPKs
- [BUG-000095190] Related records in web map popups do not fully appear in the MapViewer application (AppStudio for ArcGIS app), only the field headers are present
- Dialog button titles when downloading mobile map packages in the app now get translated in all supported languages
This release has multiple bug fixes and improvements:
- Quick Report now allows attachments for feature layers in which full editing control is restricted and editors can only add features but can’t see those features. However, for attachments to work you must configure the feature layer with Global IDs property in your template app’s Settings tool
- The gallery and draft pages now honor font size settings
- Fixed draft title – for example, if the user saved four drafts, the titles are Draft 1, Draft 2, Draft 3, Draft 4. When Draft 2 is deleted, the new draft title would now be Draft 5 instead of Draft 2
3D Scene Viewer
This release has the following bug fixes and improvements:
- Fixed bugs that caused inconsistencies in reporting the number of offline scenes when signing out and clearing caches
- Camera info translation has been fixed for Arabic and Hebrew.
Become an AppStudio for ArcGIS developer! Watch this video on how to sign up for a free trial.
The AppStudio team periodically hosts workshops and webinars; please click on this link to leave your email if you are interested in information regarding AppStudio events.