Director—Public Safety and Homeland/National Security
Mr. Johnson has served as the public safety and homeland/national security director for Esri since 1997. His responsibilities include coordinating Esri's public safety industry marketing activities in the areas of homeland/national security, fire, emergency medical services, and disaster management.
- From 1996 to 1997, Mr. Johnson was chief of Fire and Emergency Operations for the San Bernardino National Forest.
- From 1985 through 1997, Mr. Johnson was assigned to Federal Interagency Type I National Incident Management ICS teams in a variety of positions including safety officer, operations chief, and incident commander responding to complex federal disasters throughout the United States and other countries.
- From 1990 to 1994, Mr. Johnson was a deputy chief of Emergency Operations for the San Bernardino National Forest.
- Prior to 1990, Mr. Johnson held numerous positions including division chief, battalion chief, captain, smoke jumper, and various other fire positions in aviation and suppression.
- Graduate certificate in GIS for environmental management—University of Redlands, California
- Bachelor's degree in public administration—University of Redlands, California
- Associate of arts degree in fire—San Bernardino Jr. College, San Bernardino, California
- International Association of Fire Chiefs
- National Emergency Managers Association
- National Fire Protection Association
- FIRESCOPE Task Force advisor
- Advisory board member for the Fire Education Television Network
- National Wildfire Coordinating Group