CATS for Emergency Response
Consequence Assessment Toolset (CATS) is a PC-based system that works with ArcGIS for Desktop.
CATS provides a comprehensive package of hazard prediction models, casualty and damage assessment tools, and population and infrastructure data. CATS tools focus on chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear disaster analysis and supports a wide range of response applications and access to remote databases for custom analysis.
Developed by the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), CATS is available free of charge to U. S. federal, state, and local government emergency response organizations.
CATS—Before, During, and After a Disaster Strikes
CATS works for you before, during, and after a disaster to perform disaster modeling and analysis.
Before Disaster Strikes
- Create realistic scenarios for training and planning.
- Create contingency plans with CATS comprehensive population and infrastructure data.
When Disaster Strikes
- Assess the affected population quickly and accurately.
- Track and assess damage from explosives, industrial agent release, or weapons of mass destruction.
- Reduce response timelines.
- Determine roadblock locations and exclusion zones for safe routing of responders and victims.
After Disaster Strikes
- Assess needs and locate resources for a sustained response.
- Obtain information for reporting, damage assessment, and lessons learned.
- Obtain support for remediation and compensation.