ArcGIS Insights combines data visualization and analysis to accelerate decision making. From interactive charts and maps to advanced analytics, Insights offers a wide array of capabilities to help you understand your data, answer important questions, and create interactive reports.
The Insights 2022.2 release (July 2022) includes new data engineering capabilities plus enhancements that will increase the efficiency of your analysis workflows. Keep reading to learn more about these new features so you can try them out the next time you use Insights.
Data engineering is a process that includes exploring, visualizing, cleaning, and preparing your data for analysis. Data engineering is now available in Preview for Insights desktop.
The Preview release of data engineering includes the following features:
- Data workbooks are a new workbook type used for your data engineering workflows.
- Import tools are used to filter, trim, and sample your data before it is added to the data workbook.
- Column tools are used to make changes to data in a specific column.
- Dataset tools are used to make changes to the full dataset.
- Data models record the tools you’ve used to clean and prepare your data. Running the model creates an output dataset.
To see an example workflow using data engineering in Insights, watch this video:
- Predefined filters have been enhanced to improve performance, including loading time when creating the filter or changing the selections.
- Attribute and temporal filters have been updated to allow text inputs for date and time values.
- Unique identifier selections for database tables are now saved and the settings are applied automatically each time the table is re-added.
- Database connections have been updated to improve performance for drawing charts and performing analysis.
For a full list of new features, visit What’s new in the Insights help documentation.
We love hearing from you! Visit Esri Community to ask questions, access resources, and submit ideas for new features you want to see in Insights.
Check out the Insights Lab for resources from the Insights development team.