Esri continually advances embedding security into the DNA of ArcGIS.
World-class GIS managed in the cloud
Esri entered the software as a service (SaaS) market in 2012 and since then has achieved broad adoption with its SaaS offerings across multiple sectors. Today that success has led to a growing array of innovative and secure SaaS offerings led by ArcGIS Online, the world's largest and most comprehensive web mapping platform. Built on world-class cloud architecture and managed by IT and geographic information system (GIS) experts, ArcGIS Online offers reliable and comprehensive web-based GIS capabilities.
The ArcGIS SaaS infrastructure delivers a resilient, scalable, and secure solution to meet your cloud-first requirements. Coupled with the agility and low overhead of a modern SaaS solution, it satisfies the expectations of both users and system administrators.
- Scalable: For one user or millions of users, your data, maps, and apps are accessible and responsive.
- Low overhead: No servers to acquire and maintain, no system compatibility concerns, and no need to develop a custom solution—analysis and visualization tools are ready to use.
- Agile: Users choose complexity appropriate to their workflows, shifting between simple mapping and complex data modeling within the same solution.
- Availability: ArcGIS Online offers geographic redundancy and a 99.9 percent uptime commitment.
- Resilient: Rigorous change control and modern DevOps practices ensure stability alongside continuous improvement.
The ArcGIS SaaS infrastructure is designed and managed to meet security and privacy regulations, standards, and best practices.
- Esri product and service security is overseen by the Software Security & Privacy team, led by the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) of Product and Security Compliance.
- ArcGIS Online US-based systems are validated annually by an independent third party against FedRAMP Tailored Low Impact Impact-Software as a Service (LI-SaaS) security requirements.
- ArcGIS Online aligns with the rigorous privacy requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- User access and data collaboration are governed by role-based access controls and modern authorization and authentication models, including OAuth, SAML, and multifactor authentication.
- Systems are subject to vulnerability assessments including system, web application, and database scans.
The ArcGIS SaaS infrastructure offers worldwide GIS distribution by integrating cutting-edge technology from multiple leading providers across the globe.
- Multiple content delivery networks deliver highly scalable maps and apps to diverse locations around the world.
- For both performance and data residency, regional geospatial data hosting is available in the United States, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
- Multiple availability zones, regions, and service providers ensure redundancy, resiliency, and service continuity.
Esri is committed to creating accessible products that meet current software accessibility standards and are compatible with the latest assistive technologies. Inclusive design principles are incorporated as we create and update all our products. Within ArcGIS Online, the authoring experience, including color ramps and color contrast settings, set forth best practices to help authors build accessible maps and apps. ArcGIS Online is committed to creating software that aligns with the objectives of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
ArcGIS Enterprise is Esri's self-hosted geospatial software, designed for deployment on-premises and in public or private clouds. Many organizations choose a hybrid approach to GIS and share layers, maps, and data across ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise deployments. This ensures access and visibility across your organization without the risk of siloed data or redundant content. Hybrid systems leverage the ArcGIS Online scalable infrastructure for public-facing data and apps while maintaining secure integration with authoritative business data.
ArcGIS Online requires no calculations or sizing exercises to get started. Each organization comes with everything your team needs to start working and is further extensible through four database storage and compute levels and technical support options to include same-day incident response and a dedicated liaison to Esri's support teams.
See level and pricing information
Your organization's needs change over time. Simple pricing options allow you to match team members with the capabilities and apps they need to complete their work. Each subscription includes a supply of shared credits that can be used for any premium services you choose.
Please share your information and our sales team will contact you soon. We look forward to communicating with you.