Choose from Enterprise or Workgroup
ArcGIS for Server is available in two levels, Enterprise and Workgroup.
ArcGIS for Server Enterprise is designed to run and optionally deploy on multiple machines and support a user-defined multiuser database so that you can manage and deliver GIS services across your organization.
With ArcGIS for Server Enterprise, you can
- Support unlimited simultaneous connections to a multiuser geodatabase
- Store a virtually unlimited amount of GIS data in the multiuser geodatabase
- License ArcGIS for Server on an unlimited number of cores (4 cores per GIS server)
- Distribute the deployment of ArcGIS for Server components across multiple machines
ArcGIS for Server Workgroup is designed to support smaller project teams and departments. It has many of the same capabilities as the enterprise level but can only be installed on one machine.
With ArcGIS for Server Workgroup, you can
- Support 10 simultaneous connections to a multiuser geodatabase
- Store 10 GB of GIS data in the multiuser geodatabase*
- Maximum number of licensable cores is 4 cores
- Distribution of ArcGIS for Server components across multiple machines is not supported
* ArcGIS 10.2 for Server Workgroup ships with SQL Server Express 2008 R2, which is limited to databases of up to 10 GB in size.
See the Functionality Table to learn about ArcGIS for Server Workgroup capabilities.