With ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7 and ArcGIS Online, there’s a new way to get your hands on Insights for ArcGIS, the analysis software that fuses location analytics with business intelligence and open data science workflows. Announcing the Insights Analyst User Type.
Like the other User Types available with ArcGIS, the Insights Analyst makes it easy to match team members with the tools necessary for their work. Specially crafted for non-GIS analysts working outside the GIS department, the Insights Analyst User Type empowers users to
- Analyze both spatial and business data in one place.
- Perform spatial analysis simply, in a familiar, business intelligence (BI)-like experience.
- Carry out statistical and exploratory analyses.
- Directly access Enterprise GIS data and relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, SAP HANA).
- Export datasets that result from their analysis into third-party systems.
Insights is the only ArcGIS product this User Type can access. This helps streamline the non-GIS analyst’s experience. To begin their work, the Insights Analyst simply logs into Insights, bypassing the Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS Online home screen—getting them straight into their analysis. Because this user accesses only what they need, they only pay for what they use, equating to a low price point. How much does the Insights Analyst User Type cost? See pricing.
The addition of the Insights Analyst User Type does not mean that the old way of licensing Insights will go away. Insights as a premium app will still be available to GIS analysts who need to use Insights in addition to products like ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online. To do so, you would add Insights to a GIS Professional or Creator User Type.
Ready to extend the reach of your GIS? License Insights for ArcGIS today.