We are excited to announce the release of the Toolkit for ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET v100.4. The Toolkit contains controls and utilities you can use out-of-the-box to accelerate the development of your .NET apps for Android, iOS, and Windows. You also have access to the complete Toolkit source code on Github enabling you to fully customize the Toolkit for your specific project requirements.
- Legend: Display a legend for a single layer in your map or scene and optionally for its sub layers.
- SymbolDisplay: Render a symbol in a control (also used in the Legend).
- PopupViewer: Display details and media, edit attributes, geometry and related records, and manage the attachments of features and graphics (popups are defined in the popup property of features and graphics).
- Compass: Automatically show a compass when the user rotates map. Optionally auto-hide the compass when the user rotates the map north up.
- FeatureDataField: Display and optionally allow editing of a single field attribute of a feature.
- MeasureToolbar: Measure distances and areas on the map view.
- ScaleLine: Display the current scale of the map view.
- TimeSlider: Allow the interactive definition of a time extent and animate time moving forward or backward. Can be used to manipulate the time extent in a map or scene view.
Where possible each control is available for all APIs supported for development with ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET: UWP, WPF, Xamarin.Android, Xamarin.iOS, and Xamarin.Forms for Android, iOS, and UWP. Feature availability by platform/API is indicated in the Github repo readme.
As a developer you have three options for working with the Toolkit:
- Reference the latest stable or pre-release package from NuGet.org
- Reference the latest master branch commit NuGet package from AppVeyor
- Build the Toolkit source
A set of basic samples are included in the Toolkit repo.
The Toolkit is an active development project with more controls and utilities on the roadmap. You can even get an early glimpse of some of these new controls in the Toolkit Preview package (currently in preview are the SignInForm and TableOfContents for WPF). Also on the roadmap are improved Guide and API reference documentation and additional samples.
We encourage you to try out and use the Toolkit within your projects and we look forward to hearing your feedback. If you find any bugs while using the Toolkit please submit new issues in the Toolkit repo. At this time we are not accepting new PRs for full features but if there are new controls you would like to see included please submit an issue to request the enhancement.
The ArcGIS Runtime .NET Team
Commenting is not enabled for this article.