Just a bit short of 2000 beta users, the AppStudio for ArcGIS beta program is full of great ideas and suggestions. It is amazing to see the number of different apps built so far! You have helped guide our efforts and today we are pleased to announce the availability of AppStudio for ArcGIS Beta 2.
Your feedback has told us:
- All platforms and form factors are important to you, but when it comes to building new apps, Windows is the most important to you.
- You love creating apps from our templates
- The ArcGIS Cloud Make service rocks: Being about to simply tick some boxes, and have Esri build installation files for you app for all the platforms – is pure gold!
- We need to supply more guidance and help for creating your own apps
AppStudio for ArcGIS Beta 2 provides improvements in all of these areas plus more
- AppStudio for ArcGIS now works great on a wider range of Windows devices including virtual machines. You can also use it over Remote Desktop.
- The current templates have been updated with improved webmap and web services support. This is of particular importance to the Map Viewer template!
- The Extend Apps tab at doc.arcgis.com now contains topics to help you build your own app and we have started adding more video tutorials (more are coming soon!)
- Localization is well underway for all 28 languages currently supported by ArcGIS.
- A new AppStudio for ArcGIS video series has been created at video.arcgis.com. In here you can watch the DevSummit Tech Sessions on AppStudio for ArcGIS as well as video tutorials etc
We will continue with a close eye in our forums. Keep your feedback coming!
The AppStudio for ArcGIS Team